Seeking a technically savvy, customer focused Technical Support Analyst for Remedy system products. The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for working with customers to diagnose, troubleshoot, debug and resolve product issues of moderate scope. This individual takes ownership of and exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions to resolve customer issues.
- Ensure customer success and satisfaction by providing solutions to technical problems remotely via web, email and phone support.
- Manage product problems through support analysis sessions.
- Escalate and work directly with R&D to resolve complex support problems
- Provide Introductory Training to customers when called upon.
- Validates, documents and escalates maintenance problems or bugs. Builds and maintains appropriate test environments.
- May review and approve cases according to the escalation procedure.
- Prepares and support new products within technical area - may include product install and documentation review.
- Work on customer support related projects as assigned.
- Test resolutions provided by development and package for release to customers.
Desired Skills / Special Qualifications:
- Knowledge and understanding in Windows or UNIX system administration.
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Database and SQL. Oracle or MS SQL Server.
- Exceptional trouble shooting ability
- Proven customer service expertise
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize Customer Support tools/resources
- Proactive in learning new versions, products, modules
- Knowledge of Active directory services, LDAP
- Knowledge of tools like putty, ftp
- Knowledge of mailing system like MS Exchange
- Knowledge and understanding of BMC-Remedy Products
- Basic Concepts of ITIL.
- Knowledge and understanding of Networking concepts
- BS degree in CS or related technical field OR equivalent experience in programming software for systems and/or applications
- Special Considerations:
- Weekend and holiday work may be required
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.