Are you inspired by a job that challenges you to be proactive, make design decisions, and
generate new ideas that will push products above and beyond?
BMC Software is looking for a Junior Product Designer to be a part of an innovative team
responsible for designing the best user experiences for Digital Services Operations.
As Junior Product Designer, you will contribute to design efforts on a variety of projects in a
highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. Your role is to design innovative solutions to
real market problems. You will work closely with design leaders, product managers,
technical architects, and software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve
existing ones. You will author functional and design specifications, provide technology
leadership and ensure adherence to design standards and governance processes. The
role drives business value through architectural innovation such as simplification and
extensibility. You should have a background in User Experience Design, be comfortable
taking direction and a desire to explore new possibilities through design. The successful
candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have ability to work
collaboratively in a team environment.
• Contribute to the experience design of a project/product line, including authoring functional
and design specifications, scalability, security, data flow, and interface.
• Produce designs based on direction from other team members and product managers.
• Provide feedback and recommendations on existing web applications that are in use.
• Participate in usability research sessions and report on findings.
• Background contributing as a designer to design projects.
• Ability to work on complex problems and provide innovative solutions.
• Understanding of Mobile, Touch, and Responsive Design.
• Effective communications (i.e. Oral, Written & Listening skills).
• Work effectively and collaboratively with team members, and leads of other teams.
• Familiarity with industry standard design tools: Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are
• Familiarity with prototyping tools such as InDesign, Axure, JustInMind, or similar.
• Academic degree in Human Factors, Design, UX or related field.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent user interaction design skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus.
• Ability to take direction from others.
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
• Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
• Understanding of UX design standards and best practices.
• Understanding of Agile UX and Lean UX practices.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.